On 25 September 1927, Archbishop Dr Daniel Mannix laid the foundation stone of the Chapel of Christ The King. The first Mass was celebrated in May 1928 and the chapel, designed by architect Robert Harper, was formally opened in October of that year. The organ made by the London firm of Hill, Norman and Beard, is classified by the National Trust of Australia (Victoria). The stained glass windows were commissioned by the Loreto Sisters, and made by John Hardman & Co. in Birmingham, England. In 2008, the Chapel was refurbished.
Loreto Mandeville Hall Toorak is pleased to offer Past Pupils and members of the wider Loreto Community the opportunity to celebrate their marriage in our Chapel of Christ the King. In 2008, the beautiful interior of the Chapel was extensively refurbished and new furniture, lighting, heating and sound-system installed through a generous Annual Giving Campaign.
We are also pleased to offer the wider Melbourne Community the opportunity to take wedding photographs in the exquisite interiors and beautiful grounds surrounding the mansion Mandeville Hall. The interiors of the mansion are of national significance, which sets Mandeville Hall apart from many other mansions in Melbourne. The majestic staircase, silk lined and timber panel walls, marble floors and stenciled ceilings featuring gold leaf, provide a spectacular backdrop for wedding photography.
Enquiries: Steve Stefanopoulos
Heritage Collection and Records Manager
+61 3 9823 8157